Program Officer, Media & Storytelling
The Field Foundation’s Media & Storytelling Program Officer is responsible for building a portfolio of grantees for an exciting funding partnership and for overseeing the communications strategy of the Foundation. In this role, the Media & Storytelling Program Officer serves as a thought leader in the field and leads the Foundation’s Media & Storytelling work, which includes developing strategies to strengthen the impact of ALAANA media makers, storytellers, and journalists locally. The Media & Storytelling Program Officer will recommend grants that create content, sustain operations, launch partnerships, support training, and fund fellowships, as well as organize convenings to generate feedback from ALAANA media makers, share knowledge about innovations in news production and distribution, revenue models and other relevant developments in media and journalism. Additionally, the Media & Storytelling Program Officer will serve as the key staff person for the Foundation’s external communications including directing the management of our website, overseeing the creation of our biennial report and directing the Foundation’s social media strategy.
- Solicit and review grant proposals and reports, focusing on activities, results, indicators of success and budgets with support from Fellows.
- Conduct site visits and informational meetings with grantees and potential grantees with support from Fellows.
- Recommend grants to be presented to the Field Foundation’s board of directors.
- Maintain regular communications with media makers, journalists, and storytellers, including attending events outside of conventional business hours.
- Serve as a connector between ALAANA journalists and storytellers and other funders.
- Develop grantmaking strategies in response to the evolving needs of ALAANA media,
- journalists and storytellers in the Chicago media landscape.
- Engage with nonprofit partners through collaboration, learning, exchange and strategic partnerships at information sessions, conferences and through other opportunities.
- Represent the Field Foundation at conferences and events related to media, journalism, and storytelling.
- Convene funder and community-based briefings to advance the Foundation’s Media & Storytelling goals.
- Write about grantees for the Field Foundation’s website and other platforms.
- Serve as the conduit between Field and Media & Storytelling grantmakers, MacArthur Foundation and Democracy Fund
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and why you would like to work with The Field Foundation.
Submit your materials to Michelle Goldberg, email@example.com and include “Media & Storytelling Program Officer – (your name)” in the subject line.