MEDIA & STORYTELLING PROGRAM MANAGER
THE FIELD FOUNDATION
The Field Foundation is a private, independent foundation that aims its grantmaking toward the goal of community empowerment through Art, Justice, Media & Storytelling, and Leadership Investment.
The Foundation’s Media & Storytelling program intends to create an equitable, connected, and inclusive local media ecosystem in which the stories of all Chicagoans are told accurately, fairly, authoritatively, and contextually. To achieve its goal, the Field Foundation funds capacity building and content creation for BIPOC media makers, journalists, and storytellers to magnify narratives.
To learn more about the Field Foundation’s work in Media & Storytelling, please visit our website: www.fieldfoundation.org
The Field Foundation is guided by the core values of equity, respect, transparency, trust, and kindness.
The Field Foundation’s Media & Storytelling Program Manager role leads and manages the continuation of a three-year, grant-funded initiative focused on a portfolio of Chicago-area grantees who work at the intersection of racial equity and community-centered journalism. The Program Manager leads and coordinates the Media & Storytelling work, including developing strategies to strengthen the impact of the Foundation’s work, particularly for BIPOC media makers, journalists, and storytellers.
- Grant Making (50%)
- Review and solicit grant proposals and reports
- Conduct site visits and information meetings
- Write briefs and funding recommendations
- Recommend and present grants to the Foundation’s board
- Develop and update grantmaking strategies
- Leverage impact and gain knowledge
- External Sector Engagement (25%)
- Engage with nonprofit partners
- Represent the Field Foundation externally
- Convene stakeholders
- Develop content about grantees
- Grant Reporting and Compliance (25%)
- Lead reporting, communication and compliance with partner foundations
- Knowledge of Chicago, its history, and opportunities
- Five-to-ten years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of mission-driven, impact-focused, nonprofit-sector work
- Understanding of nonprofit and community journalism, both locally and nationally
- Ability to:
- Take ownership and lead projects from start to finish
- Think critically and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Set and achieve strategic objectives
- Manage multiple tasks and priorites simultaneneously
- Communicate and present ideas with clarity and humility
- Operate in ambiguous and changing environments
- Maintain and build trusted relationships
- Experience with grants and/or data management software is a plus.
Operating at the intersection of art and justice in Chicago, the Field Foundation is a unique place. Our small team is both creative and collegial and values collaboration, discussion, and debate. We are proud to be located at Impact House, a social innovation space in the Loop, where we work alongside other foundations and social impact organizations. In this environment, we connect and support one another, which serves not only the Foundation’s work but the work of our grantee partners as well as our Impact House neighbors.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our diverse team and board bring unique experiences, ideas and perspectives to our work and reflect the diversity of Chicago. We are interested in candidates who will thrive in this culture and share our commitment to community empowerment. All are welcome.
$90,000: Benefits include top-tier health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid vacation, personal and wellness days, matching gift program, a transit plan, partial cell phone reimbursement, a hybrid and flexible work schedule along with holidays, and a generous 403b retirement plan after one year.
Field Foundation is also open to exploring long-term contractual engagements with independent contractors as well as those seeking full-time employment for this unique, three-year, grant-funded program.
TO BE CONSIDERED
Please submit your resume or CV to email@example.com, along with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and why you would like to work with the Field Foundation. Please use M&S Program Manager role + Your Name in the subject line.
Download a copy of this job description here.